Saturday, February 24, 2007

Malabrigo beauty


I just can't resist a new project even though I have several unfinished projects. It's just that I found this pattern I love and found the perfect yarn. I just purchased 9 skeins of the beautiful Malabrigo 6-ply merino yarn in the Loro Barranquero colorway. It's hard to tell in this picture, but it's a mix of very dark to light wine, deep yellow and a little beige in some places.

I'll be making "Nicole" from Debbie Bliss Book Seven. I'm so excited to get started on this. I just have to finish a model I'm knitting for my LYS and then I can make my new cardigan.


Interesting thing I learned about the yarn called for in the book -- Debbie Bliss Maya. This is actually the same yarn as Manos del Uruguay, but marketed under D.B.'s name. Apparently there was some controversy involved so Maya was removed from the American market (others too? I don't know). Anyway, my Malabrigo version will be absolutely gorgeous. I've done my swatch and I'm right on gauge so away I go!

No comments: